Do you want to focus on the prospects with the most potential ? There is how define your Ideal Customer Profile.
The Ideal Customer Profile (ICP) is a description of what would be the ideal client for your product. They are those who will get the most out of your product while bringing the most value to your own business. Think about the Pareto rule, these customers are the 20% that generate 80% of your revenue base.
Why should you define your Ideal Customer Profile ?
Defining your ICP is like having your ideal clients’ ID and will help you target the leads with the most potential; this means those who will get the most value out of your product or service, but also those who will bring the most value to your company.
By comparing your leads to your ICP, you will qualify them more effciciently and prioritize your prospects.
How to define your ICP ?
1. You bring them a lot of value
In the B2B market-place the most important thing is the impact you have on one’s sales revenue. For example by reducing their costs, by multiplying their revenues or by making them gain time. The means are unreleavant, the one thing that matters is your impact on their revenue.
2. They bring the most value to your company
- They pay the price according to the value you bring them
- They are not overwelming or unmanagable and don’t need costumer service a lot
- They recommand you to other companies
- They refer you to businesses similar to them
- You can use their logo as a reference and they give you client testimonial
Among the clients which will have the most dramatic impact of your sales revenue and to whom your product will have the most value, you must be clear on what specificaly sets them apart by defining your Ideal Customer Profile characteristics :
- What is the size of the company?
- What is the company activity field?
- Do their employees have a specific job title?
- What is the size of the targeted departement of the company?
- How will they use your solution?
- How old is the company?
- What’s their number one reason for buying your product?
Create your B2B Sales Machine